- Posted on 27th July 2015 by Nicola Holden
It has been a couple of months since I last visited my blog, and what a busy couple of months they have been. I have been working on a very exciting collaboration with Hästens. I was approached by their UK Manager just before Christmas. He explained that Hästens customers sometimes find it difficult to envisage how the iconic blue and white check of the Hästens brand would fit into their Chelsea home, and they wanted to work with Interior Designers who would design a bedroom around one of their beds.
Almost seven months later that idea has come to fruition and my bedroom design for Hästens launched in their Chelsea showroom a couple of weeks ago.
As with any bedroom design, the space needs to embody a nourishing, restful environment, but it is important for the room to feel sensual and fun as well. My bedroom concept is one that oozes sophistication and seduction, whilst retaining a calm elegance through the use of a muted palette.
To create this design, I have drawn on an exclusive selection of luxury products from some of the UK’s finest suppliers. And, true to my design aesthetic, I have included a few quirky touches too. One of the advantages of hiring an interior designer is that your scheme will include pieces that are not readily available on the High Street, and this scheme is no exception.
Unlike a typical client project, where furniture and fittings are specified down to the last detail, this project was all about working with suppliers who could lend me pieces of furniture for my scheme, and so it was more a case of putting together what was available for loan.
So, without further ado I would like to give my heartfelt thanks to:
- Hastens for giving me this wonderful opportunity to collaborate with them to demonstrate how the bed that provides ‘the best night’s sleep’ can work in my scheme;
- Zoffany for providing luxurious wallpaper and paint;
- FRONT for lending us a gorgeous rug from their Erased Classics collection, designed by Jan Kath;
- David Seyfried for the charming little sofa. (actually, this was supposed to have been a chaise, but sometimes things don’t go quite to plan, especially when the shippers get mixed up between the Channel Islands and Chelsea!) . In fact David deserves extra recognition for resolving this issue so quickly;
- Sé for the elegant, marble and ceramic side table;
- Oficina Inglesa for loaning the beautifully crafted chest of drawers;
- Tigermoth Lighting for the stunning crystal wall lights;
- Temple and Ivy for their delightfully quirky table lamp. Actually, the inspiration for Temple and Ivy’s lights, I have discovered, is from childhood summers spent in Zimbabwe, so we have a shared history there!
- Ben Lowe for lending us four fabulous pieces of art which finish the scheme off perfectly; and
- Last but by no means least, Baobab who provided the wonderful White Rhino fragrance diffuser.
I hope you have all enjoyed ‘my bedroom’ for Hastens! If you’re anywhere near the Hästens showroom between now and the 10th September, please do drop in and see my design for yourself. More images of this project will be appearing on my portfolio soon!
And, in the words of William Shakespeare:
“If we shadows have offended,
Think but this, and all is mended,
That you have but slumbered here
While these visions did appear.
And this weak and idle theme,
No more yielding but a dream,
Gentles, do not reprehend:
If you pardon, we will mend:
And, as I am an honest Puck,
If we have unearned luck
Now to ‘scape the serpent’s tongue,
We will make amends ere long;
Else the Puck a liar call;
So, good night unto you all.
Give me your hands, if we be friends,
And Robin shall restore amends.”
William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night’s Dream
Images © Fiona Walker-Arnott.
If you have enjoyed this post why don’t you follow my blog with Bloglovin, head over to our Facebook page, or follow Nicola’s updates on Twitter or Pinterest. Full details of our Interior Design services can be found on our website.
- Posted in Interior Design